Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

(09-25-2015, 12:32 AM)Sirandar Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I played the game up to the robot stun choice like drinking fine wine, and it was. I refuse to stun either robot. I found the document outlining the AI level of both robots and both are ADVANCED AI. Add to that the effects of the WAU and the player at thins point has no way to know if it is a toaster or not. Frictional could edit that document to say that the little white robot is a toaster but even then there is the effects of WAU

Actually if you use the stun gun on a robot you won't kill it! You have to remove the chip from it. The robot's conciousness is stored on that very chip, remember? Yo do not destroy the chip, just the mechanical body.

The robot will not die! When you insert its tool chip into your omnitool, it will replace the "Helper Jane" omnitool AI on its previous chip. You get to take the robot's counciousness with you everywhere, helping you along open doors! It would have probably ended worse if you left it floating around where you find it, now you are it's caretaker, it's protector!

Because you remove the chip and do not even copy it, actually that robot is more close to the original then Simon is, it is its very counciousness! Later you could find a robot body with no chip and plug it in... Think about the context of the game, this is SOMA, that is what it is about, human counciousness that transcends the physical body (human or robotic)!

Think about it, did you kill Catherine when you removed the cortex chip on which she was stored from her robot body? No, she is alive and well, plugged into your omnitool, and you take her everywhere with you. You could take the cute robot's (K-8) chip and take it with you in your journey. You do not kill or harm anyone!

Now, knowing this, will you play further? Wink
10-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by Omnitool - 10-02-2015, 10:07 PM