Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
76464th Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

There is another way to play on without killing any one of the robots. It's similar to what Omnitool guy suggested doing with map editor, but somewhat easier and thus can be made into a patch (which I did). You need to edit the "02_03_delta.hps" file in the "SOMA\maps\chapter02\02_03_delta" folder. This file contains the scenario for the whole zeppelin level.

There's the function that creates another instance of Goya's (the big robot) chip, and it's invoked when you shoot Goya. I copied it and pasted into an appropriate place - the starting sequence for the level. Now when I entered the level, the chip was already in its place, I picked it up and flew away without hurting anyone Smile

The hardest part is to find the chip. It actually lands at the point where Goya crashes. If you walk out the zeppelin platform, you walk past the corpse sitting to your left, now turn about 45 degrees left and there is a lit lamppost some 5-10 meters away. Then, next to this lamppost, are two other masts, sort of dark and out of service. And, finally, diagonally from the first lamppost, another 5-10 meters away, is the second working, lit lamppost. It's at the foot of the seconf lamppost that the chip is lying.

Here's the link to download my patched 02_03_delta.hps:
https://yadi.sk/d/0ofNjIr13Nmq2F
Just replace he original file with the patched one before you enter this level. I also commented out the following lines:
/*Dialog_AddSubject("8_FixCatherine_Start");
if (msKilledRobot == "Kate")
Dialog_AddSubject("8_FixCatherine_Kate");
else
Dialog_AddSubject("8_FixCatherine_DelusionalRobot"); */

where Simon whines about having killed the robot, because listening to them sort of makes you feel a killer after all.

Yeah, I know, I am two years late. I stumbled upon this discussion when I googled "How not to kill robot in Soma", so maybe this helps someone who has just discovered SOMA (like myself), or wants to replay it.
10-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by 76464th - 10-15-2017, 08:46 PM