Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Freechips Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I found the majority of the monsters scary, however it was fairly easy to tell when you were safe and when you weren't.

While in the vents, your movement is slow and there are rarely many options for which direction to head in. Obviously, the game wouldn't be so unfair as to send a monster after you in that case. Similarly, I felt at-ease in the outside underwater sections because they were so open. Probably intentional but I thought I'd mention it.
In contrast, when you find yourself in an enclosed area with multiple paths (or ring-around-the-rosie sections like at the end of Theta) you can be fairly certain that something is about to happen.

I think the most terrifying individual encounter for me was Akers. I heard his footsteps near me so I legged it in the opposite direction before he came too close, and obviously he heard me. The chase music was really on point I nearly shit myself.
10-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Freechips - 10-05-2015, 07:03 PM