Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I found them all to be progressively more terrifying, the crying lady the most so because I didn't understand what it was or what it would do. It looked and sounded creepy as shit, left my skin crawling. The proxies were decent, but the part with Akers was the most terrifying and a highlight for me.

The diving suit guy though, he initially scared the crap outta me but then he just wouldn't fuck off and kept chasing and killing me everywhere I went. I kept going to the rooms and just wanted to read the terminal and the notes but he wouldn't let me. I initially didn't realize that I could use the light to stop him (and when I shone the light on him I thought it was a bug that he stopped because I was standing behind stuff), and when I did the spell was broken and he wasn't scary at all. Also even after I realized he didn't like the light he kicked my ass and killed me again. The design and sounds of this character are great, but mainly his behaviour isn't optimal in my opinion. It would've been great if he didn't constantly patrol outside the room I was in, I kept waiting for him to lose interest and walk somewhere else for a bit but he didn't. I think if this guy had a bit more build up I would understand about the whole flashlight thing, and make me way more scared when he showed up.

I think the main thing to fix would be the patrol patterns, it happened before with the proxy in the server room where he chased me out then kept patrolling the same area without leaving me a chance to move. It would make sense for him to lose interest and go back to whatever he was doing after a while. I also watched a few others stream the game and they got frustrated with this as well.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 04:33 AM by Damascus Rose.)
10-08-2015, 04:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Damascus Rose - 10-08-2015, 04:30 AM