Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you think of SOMA's old story and cut content?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's nice but I prefer the final version.
66.67%
12 66.67%
Awful, glad they changed things.
16.67%
3 16.67%
I prefer the old story elements, but the final release is still better.
11.11%
2 11.11%
I prefer the story in the final version, but this version looked and sounded cooler.
0%
0 0%
Oh god, why couldn't we have had this game?
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material?
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7
RE: So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material?

(11-18-2015, 02:52 AM)Danarogon AP Wrote: Personally I prefer the version of the story they decided to go with. The original plot had a bunch of ideas good on their own, but meshed together formed a weird unfocused mess. The final story even suffers a bit of that because they still wanted to retain some elements of the previous plot (probably to reuse some finished maps, characters and game assets). But it is far more focused, clear and interesting than the previous one. And I'm glad they decided to change it.

I agree with you there, although with the old story I get the impression that the 'unfocused mess' elements were kind of intentional, it gives it the feel of a bizarre vivid, lucid dream or some sort of advanced game simulation gone wrong. That and it was still early days, that video was clearly an unfinished alpha version, even if it did look and sound pretty damn cool.
11-18-2015, 03:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material? - by SlackerinDeNile - 11-18-2015, 03:05 AM