Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you think of SOMA's old story and cut content?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's nice but I prefer the final version.
66.67%
12 66.67%
Awful, glad they changed things.
16.67%
3 16.67%
I prefer the old story elements, but the final release is still better.
11.11%
2 11.11%
I prefer the story in the final version, but this version looked and sounded cooler.
0%
0 0%
Oh god, why couldn't we have had this game?
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material?
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14
RE: So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material?

(11-18-2015, 12:02 PM)Danarogon AP Wrote: Yeah. But the "It's all a dream" plot line has been done multiple times before, in books, movies, games, you name it. It is a dry dead horse. While the trans-humanism, existential themes of digital minds, and the implications that come with them were almost completely ignored by most story tellers. It makes SOMA's story a far more terrifying one, because it asks us very strong questions that the original story did not ask as well.

I gotta agree with this. If Simon had woken up to find a bizarro version of PACE labs (with structure gel spurting from the water fountain, etc.), I would've just thought, "What's the point in continuing?"
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2015, 02:38 PM by GhylTarvoke.)
11-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material? - by GhylTarvoke - 11-18-2015, 02:37 PM