Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blog: "Why Trial and Error will Doom Games"
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Blog: "Why Trial and Error will Doom Games"

Quote:that said I'm wondering if this is something you guys learned from trial and error and plan to avoid or if it's something we're going to see more of in Amnesia.
Amensia will not be a revolution in game design with no trial-and-error, etc. But we are trying out new stuff and trying to work in ideas that we get. Reducing trial-and-error has been something we have tried to do since Penumbra Overture and we are doing our best to take immersion etc a step further in Amneisa.

Quote:A deep immersion grasped me in Overture, Black Plague started to lose me...
Interesting that you found Black Plague less immersive, because I that is the part that (at least I think) had the least amount of trial and error. What did you feel lost immersion in BP?

Requiem was just meant to be a puzzle game and we know that disappointed quite a few. I mistake we have learned from! Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2010, 09:33 PM by Thomas.)
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blog: "Why Trial and Error will Doom Games" - by Thomas - 04-16-2010, 09:32 PM