Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Star Wars Discussion Thread
Danarogon AP Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread

(12-18-2015, 10:56 PM)i3670 Wrote: I didn't like it.

Spoiler below!

How the 4th episode ends: They blow up the Death Star.
How the 6th episode ends: They blow up the Death Star.
How the 7th episode ends: They blow up a bigger Death Star.

Yeee, they have some innovative people on the dark side.

BUT, my biggest issue is the fucking villain. He's a fucking teen on a power trip with a grandpa-complex. Remember how Vader was menacing and seemed unbeatable by the end of Ep4? Remember how this villain, with jedi/sith training, got his ass handed to him by someone who just found out she had the force (who by the way can jedi mind trick like crazy, better than Obi-wan or Qui-gon.)? The dark side doesn't seem that powerful. They seem to be in more of an underdog position than rulers.

Isn't it generally viewed that Attack of the Clones is the worst?

Spoiler below!
I find it funny how you disliked the repeated death star plot, but you wanted the villain to be a Darth Vader 2.0.

Darth Vader was menacing but don't pretend he didn't have his ridiculous / awkward moments. Such as the first light-saber battle, his inability to bend his neck and arms up, and that scene where he was spinning around in his ship in episode 1 (The prequels don't exist to me.)

I actually liked what they did with Kylo Ren, he is human, and extremely unnerving, every time he was on screen, he seemed he was about to snap and kill someone if they said something he didn't like to hear. Much like Darth Vader, though this time Ren is a far younger, and more unpredictable character. He seemed pretty bad-ass to me as well, the guy pulled a neo stopping bullets with his mind thing, mind fucked strong willed people, killed or severely hurt beloved characters. Him being beaten was just a bit of pay back for the viewer rather than a logical thing (though if you want to be logical... The dude got shot and was bleeding pretty bad, I doubt that didn't affect his performance)

The Only villain I didn't like was Snoke, because:

1. Ridiculous name for starters.

2. Unnecessary CGI, I mean, he is just a scarred old dude, couldn't they just find some actor and paint his face or something?

3. The Hologram is freaking huge and didn't look like an hologram at all, so it looked like the new Empire was being led by someone who crawled down Jack's Beanstalk.

4. The fact he was already revealed. In the first star wars we didn't even get to see the Emperor, we only heard what Darth Vader reported about him, only on the second movie do we get a glimpse of him, though very short. So rushing him this soon kinda takes away what could have been a cool reveal.

5. The guy didn't even seem like a leader, he looked more like a servant of someone even higher than him. So unless if in future movies they reveal that is the actual case, I'd say I was disappointed by what could have been a very cool main villain.

Oh and nope, The hatred for the prequels is very much focused on the Phantom Manace. But I personally find both equally terrible. They the source for Mr Plinkett's Star Wars prequels review series though, which are still one of my favorite sources of entertainment.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2015, 01:18 AM by Danarogon AP.)
12-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Star Wars Discussion Thread - by Romulator - 12-17-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by Danarogon AP - 12-18-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by A.M Team - 12-18-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by i3670 - 12-18-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by Danarogon AP - 12-19-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by i3670 - 12-19-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by Kreekakon - 12-23-2015, 07:11 AM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by Traggey - 12-25-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Star Wars Discussion Thread - by Slanderous - 12-27-2015, 08:32 PM