Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How you prefer your horror games:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
With weapons.
4.17%
1 4.17%
With no weapons.
16.67%
4 16.67%
With weapons and no weapons.
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapons or no weapons in horror games?
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Weapons or no weapons in horror games?

So... you're asking for Dark Souls but as a horror game? Bloodborne might be a decent fix if you have a PS4. It is an excellent game from what I've heard.

Also are you sure it's not your mindset keeping you from relating to characters with weapons? I mean this kind of mindset: "I haven't played the game yet but I just KNOW I can't relate to this character - oh great, she has a gun, my immersion is broken before it even fully formed". Approaching things more open-mindedly might benefit you! Maybe those games that felt immersion-breaking will actually be thoroughly enjoyable if you stop fretting over whether the character's ideal to relate to. If I nitpicked like that, every game involving even the mildest violence or played through the eyes of a male protagonist would be completely unenjoyable because it doesn't reflect me (and thus I can't relate to it).

That's one of the beautiful things about video games! You can experience something you would never experience otherwise without fearing long-term consequences. As the old addage goes, you can walk a mile in someone else's shoes, and that is wonderful for a whole multitude of reasons.

Sorry for the off-topic-ish post filed with typos (probably). Needed to get that out and I'm on mobile.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2016, 09:07 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
01-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapons or no weapons in horror games? - by CarnivorousJelly - 01-17-2016, 09:05 AM