Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]

Note found inside the ARK casing Wrote:If any alien civilizations happen upon this ARK, know that I valiantly tried to resist launching it. I tried to submerge it in water, but it proved to be water tight. I pulled out the energy pack in an attempt to sabotage the transportation of the payload into the launch dome. I tried to smash it against the walls using the loading crane. I even waited to die of old age instead of pushing the launch button.
I failed you, and I'm so sorry. For the love of Azathoth, throw this abomination into your version of Mount Doom, and then jump in after it just to make sure that the world is truly cleansed.

- XOXO Cranky

Another dark twist could be, toward the very end, that when you go to embrace Catherine, that she would twist into a WAU monster.
You see, her cortex chip was visibly corrupted. She probably didn't know this herself because you never mentioned that. ...so of course her brain scan data would be corrupted, WAU would be transported aboard the ARK, and begin corrupting the very fabric of reality. This game was set up for SOME kind of horrific Lovecraftian twist, that just never arrived. There's not even multiple endings, as far as I know. You end up being shown the good ending even if you kill everyone and adamantly state in the tests that you don't believe in machines having consciousness.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 05:16 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
01-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers] - by Cranky Old Man - 01-13-2016, 04:55 PM