Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]

(01-13-2016, 07:02 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: WAU keeps people alive because that's "its plans". That's its protocol. If launching the ARK with WAU inside it also would count as "preserving the human race", then WAU will do that. If the only means by which to launch the ARK, is by building a dead body into a robot and loading a template brain scan into it, then WAU will do that. If it has to manipulate this robot through social interactions with other brain scans, when it will do that. To the WAU, you're just a tool through which it enacts its protocol. You're not even human.

That's my point. It doesn't think by itself, because it's not an AI, and can only act within the boundaries those protocols (if it hadn't become self-aware that is). The protocols were most likely programmed by someone, perhaps Ross. I do, however, base a lot of my knowledge on Catherine's description of it as a cancer, it just grows uncontrollably.

I guess it all depends on if the WAU views the ARK-scans as human life or if it "knows" anything about it.

About WAU on the ARK-satellite(forgot to quote). I don't know if the WAU-goo functions on its own if it's severed from the rest (and in space where it's quite cold, full of radiation, and a vaccum). I suppose it would need some kind of power source like the robot as its batteries, biological bodies have organs and electrical equipment has electricity. Then again the ARK is powered by solar power, so maybe?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 11:13 PM by i3670.)
01-13-2016, 11:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers] - by i3670 - 01-13-2016, 11:12 PM