Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!

(09-03-2010, 07:31 PM)Googolplex Wrote: My Demo-Feedback, read this, what i not liked:

There are many differents between Amnesia and penumbra between steering & gameplay.
The mouse intensity is too strong! Its not that what you can change in main menu, if you want to open a door for sth, you only have to move the mouse some millimeters and the door will get fully opened.
The Performance of Amnesia is very low, I have Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX 275, Windows 7 x64 and I cant play it with maximum settings. Can anyone play the game with 128 SSAO-Filter?
The Water Horror makes no fun.
The Latern will get empty too fast. Or you get not enough oil for it.
The environment is nice dark but the fog is too bright for it

I picked out some points of you and will say something! Amnesia is a complete new game and the devs wanted to try something new :=) And i like it very much!

I agree with the mouse intensiity. Its to easy to open doors, should be harder to make a feeling like its heavy.

Performance is top, why do you have to play it with 128 SSAO Filter? SSAO is a performance leech monster! Wink My friend has low pc and can play amnesia on max without this SSAO Filter on max, doesnt make the difference!

The Water Horror shouldnt make fun it should scary you like hell! :=)

I dont think the latern run out of oil too fast! Its better like in Penumbra because their you had infinite light with the flashlight or glowstick.

The Fog is maybe a little to bright, but they could make it darker before release^^

In addition to that: I dont like the highlighted objects and the "look there" camera! Wink Love this game cant wait for release and hope our feedback is perceived!

greetz
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - by CoolKakashi - 09-03-2010, 07:58 PM