Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs or intended?
kenoxite Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Bugs or intended?

So I finally tried to launch the game again, if only to grab some screens and logs. This time I set both shadows and textures to "low" manually (I always use the standard global "low" setting, which set them higher). Windowed mode.

EDIT: I also deleted the "main_settings.cfg" file before launching it again, as it was suggested in another thread.

After loading the saved game I noticed a couple things:
  • The game isn't frozen. You can still rotate the camera, but the speed is the one I described when you start a new game. Slowest than an slideshow.
  • As soon as you move the camera the actual visible area is reduced to a small square, while the pixels of its border are repeated endlessly (I know there's a term for this, but I forgot which one).
Just let me show you:
[Image: screenjustafterloading.jpg]
^_Just after loading the savegame. Lighting seems to be OK and the game runs fine, for only a couple seconds.

[Image: screenarfterturning.jpg]
^_When I turn the camera the game displays the screen that way (and at the ultra-slow speed mentioned). Unfortunately it can't be appreciated in this shot, but the right area of the screen has also the same "endless pixel" effect as the top part.

I've also uploaded the hpl.log of the game in a couple of states:
- After starting a new game.
- After loading the savegame mentioned above.
In both cases I was forced to stop the Amnesia.exe process manually in order to close the game.

I hope this helps any.
09-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Bugs or intended? - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 11:34 AM
RE: Bugs or intended? - by jens - 09-08-2010, 12:45 PM
RE: Bugs or intended? - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
RE: Bugs or intended? - by jens - 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
RE: Bugs or intended? - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
RE: Bugs or intended? - by Thomas - 09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
RE: Bugs or intended? - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
RE: Bugs or intended? - by kenoxite - 09-09-2010, 11:51 AM