Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why is the engine frame-rate limited?
Kleetus Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Why is the engine frame-rate limited?

(09-11-2010, 04:31 AM)JoeK Wrote: Guys, don't feed the troll.

Then why did you post? And I asked a specific question, if anyone's a troll, it's you who have contributed zero to this thread.

(09-11-2010, 04:31 AM)JoeK Wrote: It's obvious: he is ignoring facts and sound advice

It's obvious some people don't understand such a simple concept as Vsync.

Refresh rate is in Hz, which is simply the number of times data is drawn a second.

FPS is the number of individual frames per second.

If they're both the same number, then they have to be synched.

It's not mathematically possible for anything else.

For example, if you have a light bulb flashing at 60 times per second, and another light bulb flashing at 60 times per second, they will both flash at the EXACT same time, otherwise they wouldn't both be operating at 60 times per second....

It's really not that difficult to understand.

(09-11-2010, 04:31 AM)JoeK Wrote: Also, I play Counter Strike: Source religiously, and I don't know a single person who would complain about input lag when their FPS is near 60.

Right, so one game and person means that it applies to every other game, PC and person.

(09-11-2010, 04:31 AM)JoeK Wrote: If he wanted to prove his point about that, he would provide us with evidence

If you really were genuine and wanted to know, you could have used Google and found the answer faster than it took you to post.

Nice try.

Anyway, I couldn't care less what you or some others believe or dont' believe.

If you actually were an experienced gamer, then you would know that frame-rate affects every input device you use.

You pretend to understand Vsync, yet you aren't aware of this?

(09-11-2010, 04:31 AM)JoeK Wrote: Ignore further arguments (he'll probably try to argue with me now)

Don't do me any favours.

News flash, it's my thread, I have every right to post and reply.

If you don't like it, then what are you doing here? Huh

I didn't ask any of you to reply, I simply asked a question on a game forum.

09-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is the engine frame-rate limited? - by Kleetus - 09-11-2010, 04:54 AM