Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters are kinda retarded...
Mjarr Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Monsters are kinda retarded...

(09-14-2010, 03:19 PM)SmokeSum Wrote: I noticed that when you aren't scared and keep your mind on relaxt some things are very silly and stupid made...sorry to say but for a game that took that long to make they should have noticed these glitches, but then again it still is a very good game Smile

I wouldn't say the spawning thing is a glitch, but rather somewhat silly design issue, same applies for the music. In a way it is understandable, but it becomes somewhat predictable after a while no matter how one would try to immerse oneself. Even more so if you're familiar with Penumbra.

I can't really comment on the AI behaviour as I only saw two 'real' glitches and one probable: in one spot I saw a monster spinning in circles as it would play Counter Strike\some shooter with 80.0 mouse sensitivity for a while before snapping out of it, one time I saw a monster literally just staring into a corner and not giving shit despite throwing something at it and even jumping in front of it (and the game crashed around few seconds after that) and there was one part where I basically was "out in the open" next a torch but it still didn't really give a crap. Sure I doubt those enemies are members of MENSA (lol) but the situational behaviour occasionally seems to be somewhat odd, depending on if the player was too good at hiding or managed to just trigger something really weird.
09-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Monsters are kinda retarded... - by SmokeSum - 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
RE: Monsters are kinda retarded... - by Mr. X - 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
RE: Monsters are kinda retarded... - by Mjarr - 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM
RE: Monsters are kinda retarded... - by SiamJai - 10-06-2010, 09:57 AM