Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom assets and objects for map making?
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Custom assets and objects for map making?

(09-16-2010, 11:19 PM)Thomas Wrote: Just so you know: It is very possible to do an entire map as a single static object in case you want to.

For example the larger part of the "Cistern Entrance" map in the game was made like that.

Will the culling system work well with this? If so i really would like to work in this way because i'm more fast on the my 3d apps them the level editor.

Edit: I seam to be unable to import my static model test map, the .dae file becomes invisible or only some parts are shown on the model editor, i tried 3 exporting collada tools, the wings3D, the blender 2.54 and the FBX to collada exporter none of them seam to be able to make a valid collada file for this engine.

I will try with a simple box.

Only the fbx to collada converter made a valid .dae mesh on my test with the simple box, the wings3D collada file was all mess upped, the fbx file was exported from wings3D and it worked, so the collada exporter from wings3D is not working correctly with this engine, but it did worked on other collada only engine the C4 engine.

Edit: Found the problem with my models, i needed to triangulate it before converting to collada.
09-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom assets and objects for map making? - by Argoon - 09-16-2010, 11:52 PM