The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What game needs and without it = medicore game
HiCZoK Offline

Threads: 2
Bug  What game needs and without it = medicore game

So ,looking at tech demo and overture videos I can say that game need:

1.NPC's .like old mineworker trapped who need rescue etc ......
2.Better animations and better weapons .That pickaxe in video was done very bad .I wish to attack with mouse moving ,not by clicking a button and starting an annimation(something simillar was done in Trespasser) .
Too much weapons will kill atmosphere ,but if I have a flashlight, keys, and some things around me (chairs ,bootless...) why I can't use it ??? I tried (in tech demo) throw something at the bats and nothing ...only dynamite and that puzzle killing(good idea with it ,but it shouldnt be used with every monster).
3.The game is too empty ,just add more objects.
4.Maybe if game is realistic(I think it is and should be) you might add legs. but that is optional becouse if you add legs you also gonna add hands so..its too much work and almost impossible to add hand that perfectly fits grabbing each object.
5.More commercials - 90% of gamers don't known that it exist !
6.Think of good story that anserws what monsters are. Please only not and UFO like it was in call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth.

Now its time for good things
1.Atmosphere is great . I hit esc key much to take a breath.
2.Graphics are supreme .The blur while moving is marvelous(nice)Smile
3.Physics and interaction is great. The object have good weight .(unlike hl2 had) and that mouse->object . just fun and realistic to do.

Thats all .I think you should fo some of things I said becouse without it = medicore game( but you are working on the game ,not me so decision is yours)

ps.I known a little bit of photoshop and can help you with some things like menu screen etc. With taken screenshots I can do preety much by just adding some filters to it etc. .but shit I don't have to much free time. If you are interested just pm me and I will try to post some of my crap :p

sorry for my english - you see I'm from Poland Big Grin
12-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
What game needs and without it = medicore game - by HiCZoK - 12-19-2006, 10:10 PM