Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
md5 checksum error and no suitable frontend error
shaola Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: md5 checksum error and no suitable frontend error

(10-04-2010, 05:23 AM)vikeyev Wrote: Ok I've managed to stop the md5 errors but I can't stop the no suitable frontend errors, any ideas?

Wich kernel are you using? I don't know in opensuse, but in debian, you can install amd64 kernel even though your instalation is in 32 bits.

I mean, i have debian squeeze 32 bit instalation but instead of using linux-image-xxxxxx-bibmem in order to be able to use all my RAM I installed linux-image-xxxxx-amd64 wich is a kernel optimiced for 64 bits but compiled over 32 bit system.

So when I type uname -a my system is detected as 64 bit system but is not, so the game fails to install because it gets kind of crazy (i guess is because it's looking in wrong paths --> /usr/lib /usr/lib32 or /usr/lib64) .

The solution was to run the script with linux32 wrapper

linux32 sh amnesia_tdd_1.0.sh

If that works for you maybe devs should include this in FAQ
10-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: md5 checksum error and no suitable frontend error - by shaola - 10-04-2010, 10:38 AM