Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
Memoirs of a Dead man (Demo release)
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Memoirs of a Dead man (Demo release)

Played the demo. Just a couple of points.

1). You might want to double-check for punctuation. Not that I'm an expert by a long way, but I just noticed a missing apostrophe in the description.

2). There were a couple of occasions when, I would turn away from a windows, and the light coming from it would suddenly cease, and it woud become dark. When I turn back to the window, the light (floor reflections etc) would just switch back on again.

3). There is a chest of drawers where pulling one drawer open causes them all to open. I'm sorry, I can't remember exactly where the room is, but it's an interior room with no windows if I remember correctly, and there are some shelves with books in there. I don't know whether the thing with the drawers is deliberate or a mistake. But if it's a mistake, I'd be tempted to suggest you leave it as it is. After all, drawers do sometimes get stuck in real life.

4). When entering a new area, the player drops slightly, as though he appeared slightly above the level of the floor.

5). I still think it's a shame there's no attic.

Right, that's the negatives out of the way. Those points aside, I bloody loved it and I can't wait to play the final game! I think you've created an amazing atmosphere! Particularly in the wing where the wind is blowing. It was a real pleasure to finally be able to explore the mansion. I think you've done amazing work. Bravo!

I'm assuming the demo was set during the night. I wonder how different it will look and feel during the day...

Wow - what a mansion!
02-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Memoirs of a Dead man (Demo release) - by Bulbatron - 02-19-2011, 11:01 PM
RE: Memoirs of a Dead man (Demo release) - by Nye - 02-26-2011, 01:49 PM