Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)
Mekose Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)

I have to be in agreement with Penguinmaster. This custom story is getting way too much praise for a work in progress. Soon, if it was that early on in development that you couldn't add fine details, then don't even release it or add props. The area is populated with beds, chairs, bottles, and other knick-knacks that are unnecessary for testing. This is seems meant more of a tour. It's very unfinished and I'll never understand people who release something so early. Though, as the program is newly released I can accept some people throwing something together to say "hey look, this works". In the future, remember that the smallest detail can completely break immersion which is what holds this game together. It takes a ton of work to build immersion and 5 seconds to break it, it is very delicate. Especially to people with a watchful eye, like Penguin and myself. Also, for the character to be on his way to a rocky cliff-side, that means he had to previously KNOW about the rocky cliff-side, why didn't anyone else stumble upon this town? Besides, what kind of skills does a rock-climbing/spelunker have that will impact game play at all, this is just trifle that seems out of place and very pointless.

In closing, this wasn't completely awful for a work in progress. Penguin is right when he said you have potential, and trust me I'm no good at this either. But, you did ask specifically for feedback and that's what your getting. Saying it's bad because it's a WIP is a cheesy excuse that makes you look immature. In response to feedback, always thank the person for taking their time to give you their thoughts. If you want yourself to seem professional and skilled, take all of the feedback in stride. The customer is always right. Never deny feedback.
10-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Subterranea (WIP) - by A12 - 10-07-2010, 08:53 PM
RE: Subterranea (WIP) - by RazTK - 10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
RE: Subterranea (WIP) - by Soon - 10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
RE: Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK) - by Mekose - 10-13-2010, 09:22 PM