Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Norwegian Woods (WIP)
Slith Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP)

Thank you very much nofsky!

Point by point:

- I know the first 10 seconds are slow, thats why I chose a fade-in as a temporary fix. I'll do a real perforance job when the map is finished to make sure everything has ground contact and possibly make more things static.
- I'm constantly trying to eliminate flickering textures and gaps between walls (i bet there are several laps hanging in thin air aswell). Would you mind explaining a bit more in detail about placing one of the static objects (like, what kind? :S) +0.0001 in one direction? My apologies for not getting that.
- I know, I don't recall them being so buggy in the main game. I made the one in the first room static (the first thing a friend of mine did when testing the map for the first time was moving it and made made his game crash) and haven't gotten around to doing it with the others. Will get on it right away Wink
- I know. I thought about making the tables among other things static but while testing the map I tried placing an enemy in the office and thought it would be fun if he was activated and you had the possibility of putting tables in front of the door Tongue I've also considered removing the pigs as such an amount of ragdolls in a room might be a reason for the performance hit. I'll have a go with static tables and pigs and see if it improves.

Thank you for such constructive feedback and the kind words!
And the points you touched on are the relevant stuff! Story and objectives in the mod will be in question in a later release Wink
10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by Slith - 10-08-2010, 12:37 AM
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by Gansher - 10-08-2010, 03:12 PM
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by Sexbad - 10-08-2010, 10:37 PM
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by DamnNoHtml - 10-08-2010, 10:56 PM
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by Slith - 10-09-2010, 12:28 AM
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by DamnNoHtml - 10-09-2010, 02:14 AM
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by nofsky - 10-12-2010, 04:21 AM
RE: Norwegian Woods (WIP) - by Slith - 10-12-2010, 03:34 PM