Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

Hmhm...at first I wanted to say storage and prison, but now that I think of it, while they were very stressfull, they weren't quite the scariest part for me. You see, the game teaches you from the beginning that the monsters can't see you when you're in the shadows, so I quickly made the connection darkness = safety in my mind. (although it doesn't always help Wink )I don't think I used more than maybe 10 or so tinderboxes in the whole game, because being in the light made me feel much more uncomfortable and vulnerable. (Or maybe it's just because I'm such a fan of the "Thief" series? ^^) The high number of monsters there did make for some good jumpscares of course, but that doesn't count I think...I mean its easy to make someone jump, but much harder to actually frighten them - which is exactly why I love amnesia so much more than many other modern horror games. Smile

So, anyway,I'll go with the choir here for the scariest part - no shadows, no real place to hide since the monsters could come from anywhere - made me feel like a hunted rabbit. Even though I somehow managed to not even see a single monster there o.O
I think the most panic-inducing part was the sewer level from justine - having to run away is bad enough, but having to operate levers and turn wheels under pressure is much worse. Especially since the level requires you to actually run towards the monster for a bit after you put the cog in the machine...which goes against everything I was used to doing in the game up until then.
An honorable mention goes to that narrow shaft you have to crawl through after the first victim, also from justine. I think claustrophobia might be something the series could explore further in the future...

whoa - sorry for long post Smile
06-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 06-23-2012, 01:30 AM