Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

Down there at the storage. Where the monster was just behind the door. I started to panic, because I had no oils and could not understand where I am and especially where to run to hide. But somehow I survived, carefully crouching somewhere, listening to HIS steps coming closer or further. I was scared to shit and what is more impressive I was scared for a VERY LONG TIME. It was not a momentary scare. I was completely scared, physically trembling with fear for nearly half-an-hour. Seriously.

When I crawled to a different level I just closed the game... until next evening... But subsequently I was never scared so much and especially for so long continuous period of time.

P.S. The last scare of the nearly same degree and even longer period of time was when I was playing Thief the Cradle level. But there were NO monsters, it was a very special experience. It was 2003 or 2004 year and I was afraid all that LOOONG time that something would surely jump at me or I am myself will bump into someone. And all those sounds constantly hinted me that I am NOT alone and something is there. But I was totally tricked and frighten to death, I could hardly breath after that level. Oh, just forgot. I mean ONLY the first part of the Cradle. At the second part of the level with the monsters I wasn't afraid at all... I physically that monstrosity I was imagining all that time alone and it wasn't scare at all. Same with Amnesia by the way. Most of the game I could not understand what are those monsters. And THAT was frightening. But when I finally saw them closely at the... hmm... at the prison. When that happened I was not fearing until the end of the game. Not to see the monster closely-clearly was crucial to save primal fear.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 02:07 AM by Alex Ros.)
12-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - by Alex Ros - 12-10-2012, 01:59 AM