Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

What scared me the most? The first time I played it was about a year ago. Let me think for a moment.
  • Waking up in the rainy halls. Yush. I was walking around, following the liquid trail. Thunder, darkness. Nothing and everything happening at the same time. Not sure what to anticipate as I knew nothing about the game. Yup.
  • Hearing a female scream and having the camera automatically adjust while walking up the stairs. It really caught me off-guard, and I was not at all sure what to make of it. I was scared, thinking the female was in great danger, but I also had no encouragement of going down there. I was too scared to think of saving someone, and since I heard nothing else at the time, I was starting to wonder whether or not it was just my mind.
  • The Archives as a whole. First entering it, seeing the torn down door, the dark and ghastly atmosphere, and oh my god, that horrifying haunted sound of the wind. I never noticed any visuals in there, but my entire mind was a mess, and I was wandering in circles for a long time. Getting out of that place was one of my many miracle.
  • The Gatherers, ancient reclaimers of the orb. Having finished the game, I am aware that these haunting creatures are inhabitants of Brennenburg Castle, but at this part of the game, having read about and visually experienced flashbacks of Egypt and a mysterious orb ... What was I supposed to think? These things look like mummies, and they really gave me the impression that they were on an unexpected visit to curse whoever touched what was theirs. Witnessing a silhouette in the wine cellar was a terrifying experience, and watching a shadow stagger by in the refinery made me tell myself to wake up from the nightmare I must be having. Seriously though, not even the water monster scared me that much, and I could even have a chance to breathe while hiding on a crate. To me, the grunts were the real deal, and when one was in the near, I had my heartbeat fly through the roof. Do not get me started on the guest room.
  • The Storage is very likely the part that scared me the most. I had not been in direct contact with the grunt yet, and it had even started to be a while since I had noticed a presence. The music gave an instant nope moment, and it still gives me the chills to this day. The darkness was also excessive, especially considering I was playing at a gamma lower than what it should have been (I even had to look up a guide to find the door to the storage area!) When I was in a room, I heard a sound, and I panicked. A much more intense music started up, and I regret how scary I thought the general storage soundtrack was. I see this thing that appeared out of nowhere, paused, then moved on into another area. It took me a while to build up courage after that.
For unknown reasons, I completely missed the door with the gatherer just inside it. I grabbed the items, and I do not know what happened for a brief moment. The next thing I can remember is that I felt as if something watched me. I turned toward the door, expecting nothing. There was something there. I lost my breath, froze entirely up, let go of my mouse and keyboard as the horrifying creature quickly staggered towards me. Everything went in slow motion. I just thought, this is it ... Cannot do anything ... Cannot move ... Then just as he started throwing himself at me, I managed to grab the mouse and keyboard, barely avoided his strike, ran for my life and never looked back, attempting to flee. Just when I suspected I had outrun it, I ran right into another one, I ran almost all the way back, crouched in a corner and I felt terribly close to fainting IRL.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - by Diz - 02-15-2013, 08:00 PM