Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiences in HPL3
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: Experiences in HPL3

Back in 2013 I launched the A.M Team to put out animations and to use it as a screen name for my friends and people online to work with me to make Amnesia mods. Amnesia modding was better for me as there wasn't that much models to use and the standards were set low in Amnesia. The most famous mod is just four rooms and a grunt and you have to block the Grunt for a minute. That is how far I thought Amnesia could go. Besides a few exceptions (The Second Dimension, Through The Portal, A Late Night Drink) no-one would judge you for being too 'basic'.

When my computer BSoD I lost most of my early mods like Amnesia: Harbor and Doctor Poo: Neo. All I have is the music, a video and some screenshots on the forums. As you can tell from them the mods were above average. With Amnesia I saw the mods first and my mods reflected this but with SOMA however I saw what you could do with it first hand.

Terminals, advanced AI (for FG anyways lol) and detailed maps that looked awesome. Since I started on the campaign and not the mods I set the standard so high for my mod Death Arena. I put in so much effort into utilizing almost everything modifiable in SOMA to the menu layout to the ambient lighting options in box lights. I set it too high however and it started to drag.

But now I'm getting back into it. A level is already completed and I just need to do three more. Since it's the Summer I plan on completing it by September/October maybe.

The only thin that is making me hesitant is the lack on any constructive criticism. Saying "Cool Mod! Big Grin" is great but there comes a time where I long for people to say "It's cool, but I think you should have...". Thankfully this is changing for the better due to the amount of bodies swarming Reddit and Steam Community for SOMA mods. Ever since I joined the HPL3 Skype Group I learned that a lot of people are doing projects and are experiencing the same thing. I'm not going to name anyone but from what I see these people are blowing everyone out of the water in terms of design and level detail.

I expect a lot to come either this year or the year after. Heart
06-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Experiences in HPL3 - by A.M Team - 06-27-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Experiences in HPL3 - by Hypercube - 06-28-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Experiences in HPL3 - by A.M Team - 06-28-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: Experiences in HPL3 - by Hypercube - 06-29-2016, 03:24 AM
RE: Experiences in HPL3 - by A.M Team - 06-29-2016, 08:02 AM
RE: Experiences in HPL3 - by Hypercube - 06-29-2016, 08:19 AM
RE: Experiences in HPL3 - by A.M Team - 06-29-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Experiences in HPL3 - by Hypercube - 06-29-2016, 05:19 PM