Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions!
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions!

Obviously Adventure Game Logic™ is a big problem with those games and a snare to avoid. The puzzles in Penumbra were more difficult than Amnesia without being obtuse, although I did have to look up one because I simply did not know a pipe was breakable.

I think that Amnesia made the decision to sideline the puzzles somewhat to ensure that environment was front and center, which was successful and I enjoyed it. Now I'd like the puzzles back in the next one, hoping that they choose a new theme that isn't detracted by puzzles that are involving but not punishing or impossible.

It's good that they're playtesting their puzzles, as they mentioned in a commentary on Amnesia, to make sure something is as obvious/difficult to the player as they think it is. I expect and anticipate good gameplay from them in the future.
10-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions! - by hollowleviathan - 10-30-2010, 02:20 AM