Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm

I have to state that I might be difficult to work with. I'm in the last class of high school. It's not easy on me, and schedule's a bitch D:

When it comes to me, I'll definitely do the mapping and basic storywriting. What do I mean by basic?
Characters, setting of the story and base for the crime to solve.
I'm kinda afraid of writing the investigation itself; It has to interlock perfectly with the possibilites of the engine and models we have (I plan on using AMFP and White Night stuff - I already have them prepared, and they are not forbidden from reusing).
When it comes to gameplay, here's my vision:
Main character is sent to a crime scene a after a phone call. They investigate the scene (player can leave the map after collecting a minimal number of clues which will enable them to deduct anything) and come back to their base (home, apartment, hotel room) where the deduction board is set up. Then:
-Picked up items can be pinned to the board (or it could be a horizontal table)
-Picked up notes will set some variables, which will then enable player to pin these notes on the board
-Examined areas (e.g. dead body, broken window, blood spatter), placement of items (and maybe note content too) will make a new entry in the mementos section (which will be changed to "clues" or "evidence"). Then player will be able to use these (they will have to float in air in front of the table, as short sentences), which will be scripted via (if QuestIsAdded(string& asName) == true/false).
These mementos can be also triggered by phone conversations and pretty much anything else that isn't an item nor a note.

How these will be connected and scripted is more than I can chew right now.
I'm thinking of two concepts though:
a) There are "questions" which are answered by the player (eg "what was the murder weapon?" - Player places a knife on the table). This seems a little bit too easy for the player.
b) Mind map, maybe reminding a labirynth. Seems a little too hard for the developers D:

One more thing, how would we execute the actual capture of the culprit ? This is a thing that kinda screwed up my previous Custom Story, I didn't think it through and I had to make last minute changes.
It could simply be a newspaper article, but it's a bit plain.
Also, how would a failed investigation end ?

(Oh, and I can arrange voice actors and new music)

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 02:48 PM by Darkfire.)
10-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm - by Darkfire - 10-17-2016, 02:43 PM