Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

You know, the problem with posting your new additions as edits is that people who are responding to you won't get a notification and won't know when you post something new until they actually come back and manually check. Tongue

Quote:Based on Dahl’s audio logs I think it's pretty obvious she didn't know what the WAU really was despite working for Carthage. Ross I wasn't so sure until I found a book in his room called The Evil Genius by Renee Descartes. ...

This leads to the suspicion that I already had that Ross/Carthage already was fully aware of what the WAU was doing. This makes me think that the reason Ross decided to kill the WAU wasn't because it was doing bad things but because it had broken free of their control.

Quote:If you leave Catherine in the escape pod of the Curie, leave and go back before pulling the plugs on the reactor, she theorizes that the Jinjashi(sp?) are dead people brought back to life. That's probably common belief though?

I actually hadn't ever heard her say that before. I was just under the impression that the Jiangshi would always be a mystery. This does lead to one theory, though.

After Reed cut the power at Omicron, the WAU had very little time to find a new source of power. Eventually, it found the fusion reactor onboard the Curie, which alongside the auxiliary power systems would provide enough to get by until a more permanent solution could be found. So the WAU smothered the Curie in structure gel, linking the reactor to itself. When the reactor came online, the power coursed through the gel to any corpses on board in contact with it to get reanimated (similar to the mouse). Acting purely on baser instinct, these walking corpses would be drawn to sources of electrical energy since they need it to remain alive, which is why they flock around the Curie and attack Simon if he gets too close.

It also offers an explanation as to how they got their EMP abilities. The sheer amount of power generated by the fusion reactor has supercharged the gel, causing them to unwittingly send out the EMP waves at random intervals. (This would tie into the explanation for Ross' own EMP abilities since the gel in his body was supercharged in a very similar manner.)

04-24-2017, 04:03 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 04-24-2017, 04:03 AM