Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write
shotbybothsides
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write
(01-29-2018, 10:10 AM)vesikko Wrote: Hello! I have asked our support and according to them the issue might be that the games lack access to the My Documents folder.

This might be fixed with the following steps:

- Go to \Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\
- Right click "Amnesia.exe"
- Properties > Compatibility > *tick* Run this program as an administrator. > OK

Hope this fix helps, let us know!

/Kat, Community Manager

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.
Unfortunately this does not work and the game still crashes when it is trying to write. There is definatley something going on with access to the Documents folders as the named profile folder contains nothing and I would expect a log file to be there. I have ensured that all folders under "Users" have full controll and there are pelnty of other games that hapily write to Documents. The account I always use is an Admin account too, so I would not expect these issues.
I think I am doomed not to witness these two games and I will have to consign them to the recycle bin.
01-31-2018, 12:26 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write - by shotbybothsides - 01-27-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write - by shotbybothsides - 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write - by shotbybothsides - 02-01-2018, 09:25 PM