Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUG: Portions of journal entry narration are missing/skipped.
Ryblade Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved RE: BUG: Portions of journal entry narration are missing/skipped.

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to get back to this thread.

Yeah, this bug is reproducable, alright. I restarted the game and made a save with your hand right about to grab Daniel's Note to Self. It'll skip the same part of the entry every single time you read it.

Mudbill, I followed your hunch and checked the language files. It appears they're fine, they exist on my installation and they'll play when I load up the .ogg files in mpv. However, it seems that this bug is skipping over some of these files in-game when they're supposed to play. For example, in Daniel's Note to Self, the specific part that doesn't play is the contents of '.../voices/diaries/Diary_CH01L01_DanielNote_04.ogg'. So, you're probably right about the bug having something to do with failing to load the audio file.

I noticed the bug is happening in flashbacks, too. You do see the skipped text for about one or two frames; it goes by in the blink of an eye. This sucks, because this means the game is now unplayable. Damn, this is like getting a good book from the library, really diving deep into the story, only to notice later on that entire pages are missing from it.

I can't attach the save due to file size limitations on the forum, but if any developer wants me to email them a copy of it, I'd be glad to. Speaking of which... do the developers check these threads and help out around here? Not that I don't appreciate support from the community, but I would like to know if any official support is still available for this title from Frictional or Out of Order. I'm prepared to do whatever's necessary to help them diagnose this issue and get a patch rolled out so that everyone can benefit.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 10:18 PM by Ryblade.)
04-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: BUG: Portions of journal entry narration are missing/skipped. - by Ryblade - 04-11-2018, 10:06 PM