Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)

While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?
No, but I thought "Oh f***!" and started to desperately search for a hiding spot.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?
No, but I still find it funny that some of my friends who are adult men and they're too scared to play it. Since I'm probably one of the smallest and most timid women on Earth and I can still play it.

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?
Many times. And I couldn't do any Amnesia marathons like I do with other games: play for several hours and lose the track of time. With Amnesia I had to keep breaks about every 30th minutes. :'D

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster?
Kaernk managed to kill me more than once since I kept noobing with the wheel and ran out of meat.

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?
Definitely not. I would've hugged him if those spikes weren't in a way. I was so happy to meet someone who wasn't trying to kill me.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?
I didn't leave any doors shut because of this, but I was quite careful with them. I opened them slowly while standing behind the door, peeked into the new room before going in and always closing doors behind me.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?
I didn't realise this when I played for the first time, but nowadays while playing custom stories I search a hiding spot before picking any special items up.

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?
Only once if I remember correct. That was while playing the demo and I was trying to save oil too much.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?
Never.

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it?
Once in the dungeons (grunt) and once in the sewers (brute). I was trying to distract the brute away from the door and I'm still not sure what happened, but he was suddenly standing in front of me. I probably walked too close while throwing the rock. He was such a ninja. And the chase was short.

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen?
Never.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?
Nope.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?
At first I put my hand in there and after that I haven't touched it. Later I saw in some let's play video how someone put pig corpses etc. in there. That was hilarious. :'D

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?
I'm very proud of this but this never happened. I'm so pro at hiding. Cool

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your
unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time
around?

Yeah, sadly. It's not scary anymore, although I still love the characters, enemies and the twisted story.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?
Nope. I was so obsessed to find out what happened that I just wanted to go forward.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south?
I tried to pull the lever a couple of times but when it didn't help I was just hugging the elevator wall with a face like o_O and thinking "Ohshitohshitohshit."

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined
the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than
one language. XD)

Hell yes. Back hall was the most beautiful place in Amnesia and the bastard ruined it.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made
your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face
along the floor!"?
This never happened to me. I was running like a little rabbit when it appeared and my sanity situation was surprisingly good most of the time.

~
12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by eiahmon - 03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by Nye - 03-15-2011, 12:22 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by Carrna - 12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by JMN - 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM