Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)
JMN Offline

Threads: 0
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)

Spoiler below!
... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by? No, I'm a really quiet player - as if my own screaming would alert the monsters. My typical reaction to a scare or an unexpected monster is to completely freeze and let my mind catch up with my pulse rate.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter? No, whenever I mention Amnesia among friends, there are knowing looks from those that have played it, and skeptical looks from those that haven't - surely a game can't be that scary? I'll let them find out the hard way Tongue

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking? Yup - in the morgue, after being vaccinated. When I realised that having drilled a hole in someone's skull and injected blood from inside of said skull into myself I would then have to hide in a room filled with naked rotting corpses from a monster that has its head split down the middle and with a f*cking huge blade for an arm I called it quits.

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster? Hell yeah - waterlurkers like me too much.

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you? It was kind of a relief to find someone so talkative - and who didn't talk to me just to make me turn around and run straight into a Brute.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side? Most doors in the Prison.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn? No, I generally think "A monster will spawn when I pick up these elevator parts - let's just get it over with".

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear? Nope. Never passed out at all Big Grin

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there? I worked out whether or not a monster is there or not by using the theme music that goes with each. It did happen one time when I left my hiding place too early because the music was getting quieter and ran straight into the monster.

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it? No, but what did once happen in the Prison was where I was in the middle of a well-lit corridor and I heard a Grunt growl and its music started playing. I froze in the middle of the corridor because I didn't want to run in either direction in case I found the monster. The terror meter sounded, and because I couldn't see a monster in front of me, I assumed it was coming from behind ( Idea ). So I just waited, expecting to be attacked any second. But after about ten seconds, I hadn't been attacked and the terror meter just stopped, as did the Grunt music. That was the only time I've been disappointed by not being attacked.

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen? No, didn't even think of it.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall? See above.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid? Aw yeeah.

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot? Not yet...

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around? Still on my first playthrough. Thanks for the warning though!

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun? Can't say I have.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south? No, I wasn't thinking quickly enough.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD) Merde!

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"? Nah, Shadow needs to try harder Cool

04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by eiahmon - 03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by Nye - 03-15-2011, 12:22 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by JMN - 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM