The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)

[/b]Just a bit of humor for everyone. XD *shakes finger* Now be honest. Wink

If anyone has anymore questions feel free to add them. Smile

While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster?

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it?

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen?

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south?

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?

(If you played Penumbra: Overture first...)
... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."?

Now, I shall answer my own questions. XD

Spoiler below!
While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?
No.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?
Oh yes. Just before going into storage, I told a couple coworkers of mine that while I found the game tense and little unnerving, I didn’t believe it was scary as the hype said. Going through Storage then proceeded to scare the hell out of me.

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?
Yes, after escaping from Storage.

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster?
Yes, the water lurker killed me twice in quick succession after I failed to jump on the crates quick enough.

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?
Every time I walked through the Nave.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?
No, though perhaps I should have, after the times one WAS on the other side.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?
Yes, just about every time.

... pass out from low insanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?
Yes, after the grunt in the wine cellar refused to disappear for whatever reason.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?
No, but I lowered it quite a bit.

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it?
Gods, yes. I did that a few times.

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen?
Yup. XD

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?
Yup. I found Daniel’s scream on the way down quite humorous.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?
Yep.

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?
Well since the grunt and later the brute didn’t see me, I guess they were okay hiding spots. I didn’t think so while they were looking though.

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?
Decided to play through again to listen to the devs’ commentary, and when I walked up to one door in storage to get the grunt to come out, he didn’t growl or bust through the door. I went back thinking maybe I hadn’t moved the door enough to trigger him. As soon as I got close to the door, he slammed into it and growled at me. Scared the hell out of me, and now I’m stuck trying to figure out how to get him to come out of there without me having to be so dangerously close.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?
No, but I thought about doing it with the chase through the cellar tunnels. They were fun.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south?
Oh yes.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
Definately. I think I threw a couple of Japanese curse words in there too.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?
Yes, I called it quite a few filthy names when it showed up in the Inner Sanctum.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM by eiahmon.)
03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by eiahmon - 03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by Nye - 03-15-2011, 12:22 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by JMN - 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM