Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers)
Welsh cake Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers)

Thanks for thoughts and opinions on this, you have more insight than I so it maybe a short discussion. =)

(04-15-2011, 11:56 PM)Redeemer Wrote: 4. Like I said, I believe the shadow is just a recoiling universe that is trying to put itself back into order. It doesn't care who or what is in the way to its target, it just steamrolls everything it finds on the trail in an effort to find the stolen orb.
Ah, so if all it really wants is the orb back when Alexander told Daniel not to dispose of his orb because in his words "he'd still be part of the path to the orb", was he lying there?

Quote:6. Not really. Daniel's the one who set the shadow off on a rampage. The blood rituals really did deter the shadow, although the cost for performing them would be that the shadow would ultimately grow stronger/faster. So Alexander did make the situation worse for Daniel, ultimately, but Daniel's the one who made the shadow mad to begin with.
That's reasonable, but why did it go straight after Alexander in the revenge ending and not try to harm Daniel? This is the thing, its behaviour or motives seem a bit foggy... if it really were after only the orb it would have ignored Daniel in the beginning of the game when he didn't have any of the pieces. Unless of course, as you say, it was the universe simply recoiling on itself, flattening anything in its path randomly.

Quote:7. No. After Daniel murders Alexander, the shadow leaves Daniel alone, because the blood rituals performed earlier have apparently been justified by Alexander's death, and the shadow has reclaimed the orb.
I didn't think screwing up the portal ritual killed Alexander, foiled his plans yes, but I'll have to watch the YouTube videos. I guess we can rule out the revenge ending then that Daniel is still "tainted" by the shadow (whatever that means). Though I wouldn't be surprised if it returns in an Amnesia sequel you reckon? After all it drives Daniel's story forward and helps pacing.

(04-16-2011, 02:35 AM)LuckyBlackCatXIII Wrote: Also the blood rituals did not steer the Shadow away. That was just a lie Alexander told Daniel so that the archeologist would harvest Vitae for him, without knowing he was being manipulated.
LOL He just digs himself into a deeper hole. Daniel's character is not very bright is he? Big Grin

Quote:7.) If you can see in Daniel's ending, all traces of the Shadow are gone as he makes his way back to the surface, so no, the Shadow is not still after him. It stops it's chase because your killing of Alexander somehow caused it to cease and desist.
That appears to be accurate unless its invisible, but what happened to Daniel's orb? I thought it disintegrated after it broke down the barrier, because our protagonist was supposedly "uninitiated" in using them?
04-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Welsh cake - 04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Redeemer - 04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Welsh cake - 04-16-2011, 09:29 AM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Solarn - 04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Kein - 02-09-2012, 01:21 AM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Solarn - 04-16-2011, 10:59 PM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Droopy - 04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Fomzo - 02-08-2012, 01:56 PM