Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Need a Good story to go with my custom story.
SkyeGU Offline

Threads: 1
RE: I Need a Good story to go with my custom story.

In addition, think back to the original Amnesia story and what scared you most while you were playing. Anything unexpected or unusual can cause serious fright in a player, and the unknown is your best friend.

A simple journal can cause immense trauma. In Subterranea, for example, there is a note that reads "We've barely managed to lock the monster in a closet..." and as you enter the area, you realize that there are CLOSETS EVERYWHERE. The terrifying possibility that the next closet you open could contain a monster really made the atmosphere in that custom story. So think of things like this. What could have happened to make a scary situation? Did someone die? Did something from a far off place appear and start killing everyone? Is there an orb that some crazed old man is trying to use to escape into another dimension (Alexander!)? It can be easy to think of scares and then build your story off of them.

Scares need reasons to be happening.

I'm quite sure that many of us are willing to chat with you and discuss possibilities for your story. However I, as many others have responded similarly, have no desire to simply give over a story idea (plus, they're usually not so easy to throw out. They're tough stuff). If you'll engage us in a good mannered discussion, I and most others will (probably) happily (or terrifyingly) discuss how a story could come together to meet your needs. Pull the sarcasm, and we'll all fade away.
04-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Need a Good story to go with my custom story. - by SkyeGU - 04-24-2011, 12:59 AM