Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects
hiben Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects

(04-27-2011, 02:26 PM)Urkle Wrote: Hmm. that's strange.. As I myself only use a trackball (logitech wireless trackman :-D) and have for > 12 years. Yes the "hand" disappears once I grab something (door, can, etc..) but I never had issues as the object I was interacting with moved with my mouse ball. And the behavior is the same whether you have a trackball, mouse, or touchpad.. So I believe it's more of an issue with the expectation of how the input works.

Maybe I'm just a nut... Undecided

What kind of Trackball is your device ? There are two variants, the one were you use your thumb on the ball (like mine) and the one were you use - I suppose - index and/or middle finger. Making the cursor go in a circle with my thumb is physically like 90° wrong... more like operating a fishing rod...

Maybe the thing that set me on the wrong track is that the first object you have to rotate in the game is the stuck wheel in the refinery... So my first lesson was: things you want to rotate do not rotate at all... when it was unstuck it took me ages to fiddle around with the rotation until it was open...
The interaction was very unintuitive for me... but maybe that is just me being me...
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects - by hiben - 04-27-2011, 07:08 PM