Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mouse Stuck at Top-Left Screen Corner
ZEPPELIN Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Mouse Stuck at Top-Left Screen Corner - SOLVED

(05-19-2011, 09:22 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Found the solution. The problem is located at the file SDL.dll which is common in OpenGL games.

Details: Amnesia uses a version of SDL.dll (1.2.14.0) with the function SDL_WM_GrabInput which means that the mouse is confined to the application window, and nearly all keyboard input is passed directly to the application, and not interpreted by a windows manager. That means that this file is not letting the mouse to get away from the game and so it is stuck at the left corner when minimizing the game.

Source: http://sdl.beuc.net/sdl.wiki/SDL_WM_GrabInput

Solution: In order to solve that I replaced the original Amnesia SDL.dll v1.2.14.0 with the previous SDL v1.2.13.0 which apparently doesn't use the SDL-WM_GrabInput function.

Troubleshooting: Sometimes when you try to maximize the game again it may freeze in a black screen if in game or in a stuck menu (if you are at the menu). The game is not really frozen or something. Just press Alt-Tab again to go to windows and then reenter the game. It will always work like a charm.

Update: After some research I found out that SDL.dll v1.2.13.0 also works perfectly so no need to used the older v1.2.4.0. Only the latest one v1.2.14.0 doesn't work. The attachment and the link are now updated.

Download: I have attached the file to this thread but you can also download it from here.

How do i install this? i removed the current SDl.dll and replaced it with the download then renamed it SDL.dll but now I can't launch the game.

09-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mouse Stuck at Top-Left Screen Corner - SOLVED - by ZEPPELIN - 09-23-2011, 01:04 AM