Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Areas
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
RE: Script Areas

I am actually surprised people didnt use the key where they needed to. After all, there are only 2 locked doors on that map. Its really the players fault if they dont check, not mine for not forcing them to check. IDK, maybe its just me, but I am not going to point the player in the right direction every time. They have to do some exploring.

~ Author of The Attic Wink

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Website Find
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1

(08-28-2011, 04:51 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: I am actually surprised people didnt use the key where they needed to. After all, there are only 2 locked doors on that map. Its really the players fault if they dont check, not mine for not forcing them to check. IDK, maybe its just me, but I am not going to point the player in the right direction every time. They have to do some exploring.

~ Author of The Attic Wink

You wouldn't really be directing them, just preventing them from having a big hole in your plot for missing notes and whatnot. Until I contact Officer to diagnose what went wrong, I can only say that the main game would never leave the player with a key if they should somehow miss the door. All keys have a definite purpose and must be used. So... In that context... You might want to make sure the key is used to prevent such confusions.
08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

I get what your saying, but if I show each player what they are supposed to do, whats the fun? Besides, the door he missed is actually very hard to miss. I think he just forgot.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Website Find
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1

Still, you should really avoid leaving them with excess keys and doors that by default are locked and never to be opened. At least put a RemoveItem for the key when they're thrown down the stairs or something so they don't waste time checking doors instead of moving forward.

Oh, and if you watch the video, that body throw event repeats itself. Might want to one-time that... You got Steam? I don't want to take up anymore of this thread. XD
08-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Find
ZRPT Offline

Threads: 3

Went a little off-topic there but okay lol.
08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Find