Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking For Help? Look No More!
iron brigade Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Looking For Help? Look No More!

Hey Kyle,
I'm currently working with Zylogicx on his mod, and I'm trying to make a small city-ish setting, but I want a river through the cityto sea. soooo.... is this possible?
thanks...
08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(08-29-2011, 06:22 PM)iron brigade Wrote: Hey Kyle,
I'm currently working with Zylogicx on his mod, and I'm trying to make a small city-ish setting, but I want a river through the cityto sea. soooo.... is this possible?
thanks...

It would be possible, but very crude if you were to use streched rocks to outline the path of the river and an entity located in "Entities" --> "special" --> "sewerduct_water" for a quick downstream path of water. If it were more of a slow river, then I suggest having a seperate water plane without collision between the player and objects against the water. :/

08-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Find
iron brigade Offline

Threads: 0

thank you so much!
08-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Find
ZRPT Offline

Threads: 3

When I try to play a sound it keeps repeating, how can I prevent this?

Here is the line I use
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "21_alex_low_freq_rumble.snt", "doorunlock", 0, false);
No matter what I do, the sound just keeps repeating itself.
08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1

I made a very simple map using plane floor and ceiling, curved top, castle walls. A Phonograph and a deactivated grunt on his back on the floor. I put a startpoint and some pathnodes. I also put a spotlight and set it up for an animation. Tried to load the map, Fatal Error. Something simple I'm sure, any ideas? I'd rather follow personalized example.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2011, 07:36 PM by MegaScience.)
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

(08-29-2011, 06:41 PM)ZRPT Wrote: When I try to play a sound it keeps repeating, how can I prevent this?

Here is the line I use
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "21_alex_low_freq_rumble.snt", "doorunlock", 0, false);
No matter what I do, the sound just keeps repeating itself.

Let's say in this function called "Func01()", there is this command function, then we'll have the sound stop 3 seconds after. If you want to, you can change it to make it stop whenever you think it sounds right to be stopped at. To make it work, just create a timer in the function where the sound is and have it be stopped like how I'll do it in this example. Smile

void Func01()
{
     PlaySoundAtEntity("Sound01", "21_alex_low_freq_rumble.snt", "doorunlock", 0, false);
     AddTimer("", 3, "Func02");
}
void Func02(string &in asTimer)
{
     StopSound("Sound01", 2);
}

If you notice, the local name of the sound is used to stop it. Hope this helps! Wink
(08-29-2011, 07:31 PM)MegaScience Wrote: I created an incredibly simple map just to begin testing, saved it into a Custom Story folder, and tried to open it through Development mode. Got a Fatal Error. I'm sure it has to do with where I saved it and such, but I wouldn't understand without example.

So what does it say to be a fatal error?

Perhaps you can show me you script. Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2011, 07:35 PM by Kyle.)
08-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

(08-29-2011, 07:33 PM)Kyle Wrote:
(08-29-2011, 07:31 PM)MegaScience Wrote: I created an incredibly simple map just to begin testing, saved it into a Custom Story folder, and tried to open it through Development mode. Got a Fatal Error. I'm sure it has to do with where I saved it and such, but I wouldn't understand without example.

Weird. I tried the map outside of development mode and it worked fine to the extent of not crashing. Of course my spotlights and such were busted because this is my first ever map and I'll just need to adjust things. Can I switch my question to how Spotlights work?
08-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

(08-29-2011, 08:22 PM)MegaScience Wrote:
(08-29-2011, 07:33 PM)Kyle Wrote:

Weird. I tried the map outside of development mode and it worked fine to the extent of not crashing. Of course my spotlights and such were busted because this is my first ever map and I'll just need to adjust things. Can I switch my question to how Spotlights work?

Spotlights are lights that can be changed in size and direction. When shadows for it are enabled, anything that has a side, will prevent light from shining through it. If the spotlight has a gobo, then you can use it for windows or anything else, if done correctly. And of course you can change the color of the light with R, G, B, and A. I'm not exactly sure what "A" does, for it doesn't appear to make that much of a difference on a light.

You can also experiment and have the spotlight flicker, which is useful when having thunder and lightning. Smile

08-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

Ah, I was going to use it to make a simple few frame animation. Figured out how to make it visible with radius and such, just need a clean blank white wall behind it. I should fill this room with a collection of cool things you can do and release it as some Test Example Map for people to be inspired by. Tongue Too bad that will never work.
08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Find
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16

any chance i could get help with signs and naming level doors?

Diary of a madman -Onhold

New - [Image: at_1374739.png]
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Website Find