Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a custom monster to work?
Legato Offline

Threads: 2
RE: How to get a custom monster to work?

(09-02-2011, 10:05 AM)Acies Wrote: Tried it out. Animations are required for the monster to work. Otherwise it will simply disappear once the level is loaded.

Ah well. Thanks for trying. So it needs to load any animation with the same names as the grunt's animations, or it needs the exact same animations as the grunt? What I'm getting at is, perhaps creating an idle animation that essentially made it appear as if it didn't have any animation would solve the issue...

My first priority will always be to Chaos.
09-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Yes, I think that would solve it. As of now I am uncertain of the amount of animations it needs. The animations do not need to have the same filename, only be named properly in the animations editor in ModelEditor. You can however have one animation file for several animations, thus playing the same animation when attacking, walking etc.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

09-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Find
Legato Offline

Threads: 2

(09-02-2011, 03:56 PM)Acies Wrote: Yes, I think that would solve it. As of now I am uncertain of the amount of animations it needs. The animations do not need to have the same filename, only be named properly in the animations editor in ModelEditor. You can however have one animation file for several animations, thus playing the same animation when attacking, walking etc.

Cool I'll try this this weekend!

My first priority will always be to Chaos.
09-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Find