Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement Darknewt's Amnesia Commentary
Darknewt Offline

Threads: 1
Darknewt's Amnesia Commentary

Hello everyone, i'm Darknewt.
I am a YouTube commentator for Minecraft and have recently began doing videos for Amnesia. I feel posting my videos here on the forums will help me gain viewers from the Amnesia community.

I only play custom stories so please comments either on this thread or on a video suggesting some custom stories for me to do =)

Thank you. Shy

08-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Find
Freeoath Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Darknewt's Amnesia Commentary

Nice! And DamnNoHtml's story to Tongue One of my personal favorite custom stories tbh Tongue

Fun note DamnNoHtml, Everyone seams to find that graphical "miss" you made at the start of alexanders ruin Big Grin Kinda lol ^^
and everyone misses your "Corpse pile" Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2011, 08:00 PM by Freeoath.)
08-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

A few notes of advice good sir!

You can turn off hints in the options menu once you are acquainted with the game again.

Through the Portal is an unofficial expansion to the original story, so playing it without actually finishing the story takes away a lot of the true feel of the custom story. For some others that have nothing to do with the story but are still very good in their own right I would suggest: La Caza, Solid Sacrifice, and Abduction.

It may just be your style, but I personally find asking for likes and such in videos to be a tad awkward - I even tend to hit like a lot sooner on videos that don't try to remind me to but I guess that's just a personal take on it all.

Editing out loading screens (and in this case when you can't even see the splash image for the loading screen) can help streamline your videos and keep the content flowing. Doesn't take long and I think your viewers will thank you for it!

Have a jolly day and I most definitely need some more orange juice - my cup is empty.

08-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Not to start anything, but Cry > Darknewt. :3

Also, Darknewt, when I was listening to your play through, I noticed a disturbing, high pitched beep, that had to make me turn down the volume. xD

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2011, 08:31 PM by Kyle.)
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
Darknewt Offline

(08-31-2011, 08:26 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: A few notes of advice good sir!

You can turn off hints in the options menu once you are acquainted with the game again.

Through the Portal is an unofficial expansion to the original story, so playing it without actually finishing the story takes away a lot of the true feel of the custom story. For some others that have nothing to do with the story but are still very good in their own right I would suggest: La Caza, Solid Sacrifice, and Abduction.

It may just be your style, but I personally find asking for likes and such in videos to be a tad awkward - I even tend to hit like a lot sooner on videos that don't try to remind me to but I guess that's just a personal take on it all.

Editing out loading screens (and in this case when you can't even see the splash image for the loading screen) can help streamline your videos and keep the content flowing. Doesn't take long and I think your viewers will thank you for it!

Have a jolly day and I most definitely need some more orange juice - my cup is empty.

i was drinking orange juice while reading this o.O and thank you for your feedback il work on it.. i may try a custom map but il feel bad doing that after already starting this one Sad lol

(08-31-2011, 08:30 PM)Kyle Wrote: Not to start anything, but Cry > Darknewt. :3

Also, Darknewt, when I was listening to your play through, I noticed a disturbing, high pitched beep, that had to make me turn down the volume. xD

oh crap your right, il have to fix that...
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2011, 08:33 PM by Darknewt.)
08-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

(08-31-2011, 08:26 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Editing out loading screens (and in this case when you can't even see the splash image for the loading screen) can help streamline your videos and keep the content flowing. Doesn't take long and I think your viewers will thank you for it!

Just had to stop you there. I watched your playthrough of The Attic Chapter 1. Although you did edit out the Loading screens nicely, to someone like me who is used to those, the abrupt changes felt really weird. I can understand when they are empty or a bit long, but still bothered me a little.
09-01-2011, 04:02 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(09-01-2011, 04:02 AM)MegaScience Wrote: Just had to stop you there. I watched your playthrough of The Attic Chapter 1. Although you did edit out the Loading screens nicely, to someone like me who is used to those, the abrupt changes felt really weird. I can understand when they are empty or a bit long, but still bothered me a little.

In the end it is all a matter of taste I believe. :]

One thing can work for some people, another thing some others - nothing is universal!

09-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Find
MegaScience Offline

Not even my remote control? Huh

Well, he didn't do a terrible job. He's still relearning the game. He should continue and refine himself. Big Grin
09-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Find
Darknewt Offline

(09-01-2011, 04:23 AM)MegaScience Wrote: Not even my remote control? Huh

Well, he didn't do a terrible job. He's still relearning the game. He should continue and refine himself. Big Grin

well thank you (: im trying to learn from ALL feedback, and i dont feel what Cry said was really negative, just made me look at a few things i can work on because he is bigger in the Amnesia community. When it comes to editing out the loading screens though, if there isnt any talking and i can transition it to where it doesnt sound "awkward" i will, if not i wont.. really matters if im discussing something.

Since this was my first time recording this game though, i didnt have everything tweaked for it, someone pointed out a high pitch sound which isnt a normal thing in my videos.. Il work on it and post again soon, maybe u guys will enjoy it more =)

09-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Find