Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is retexturing a object difficult
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Why is retexturing a object difficult

I'm having to do alot of wild goose chases in this. Editing the .dds in GIMP is obviously easy, but trying to make a new entity with their respective (.dds, norm.dds, nrm.dds, .dae, .msh, .ent and .mat) files, or sometimes less if I'm lucky.

For example if I wanted to re-texture a static object > debris > brick02 (Their is no .ent, .mat. dds in this folder) I would have to open up the .dae and I would find 2 possible path leads. A castlebase_stairs_worn.dds that I don't think is correct and a brick.dae which sounds more likely. So let me open that up now. I find a possibly lead that goes to a ceiling02_window.dds and that does not make much sense to me. I did some more digging around to any possible leads and I came up with garbage, so thats my problem with some of these.

So after awhile of searching my computer for any word of Brick. I find and remember the ones in the entities > equipment folder. So after copying the brick folder, changing the names and .dds and anything else I need. I finally get my retextured lava brick.

Only word I can find to describe this is asinine.

And on to my question.

(1.) Am I doing this wrong? Is their some simpler way of doing this...
09-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Why is retexturing a object difficult

I'm not sure why ceiling02_window.dds wouldn't make any sense for a basic brick model. If you open that file, you can definitely see that it would work perfectly for a basic brick model. Nevertheless, understanding someone else's work isn't always easy; i always try to build things from scratch wherever possible if there are no other alternatives.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Website Find