Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Unknown Publisher" problem?
Gallium Spoon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago "Unknown Publisher" problem?

Hi, I got my copy of Amnesia from Steam, and I've had a series of problems.

First, the game would crash on launch, but I resolved that by updating my drivers.

Then, I had the infamous black screen problem where the game would run but I can't see anything. I'm pretty sure now that it's because my integrated GPU is interfering with the discrete GPU, and thanks to the "AMD + Intel HD Troubleshoot" thread I think I'm on the verge of solving that.

But now I have a new problem. Since the last time I restarted my computer, my computer has been refusing to run Amnesia. When I attempt to launch the game now (whether from the launcher or directly) I get a message asking me if I "want to allow this program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer?" When I click "Yes" it just sends me back to the launcher, where if I attempt to launch the game, the same message shows up again. It's an endless cycle.

I don't understand why I have this problem all of a sudden and I don't understand why my computer doesn't understand what I mean by "Yes".
Admittedly I am new to Windows so there might be a problem there.

Thanks for any help.
09-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: "Unknown Publisher" problem?

Try verifying cache integrity on the game (in steam right-click on game, select properties and then in one of the tabs you'll find it). Or perhaps delete and install the game completely from scratch.
09-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Website Find