Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animations :P
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: Animations :P

1. I honestly am not sure. I assumed it would be because it was the corpse_male from the game itself.

2. I used the grunt's animations, so the ani files are linked to the ones in the servant_grunt file in entities/enemy/ Would this be okay or will I just copy and paste the anis into my monster folder and then replace the current ones with the one in my monsters folder???

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
12-23-2011, 01:29 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

For #2 I'm not sure, sorry. You could always try copying the files across, but unfortunately I doubt it will work. The anim files are very specific to the grunt's skeleton, so unless the human corpse has the same skeleton as the grunt, there is a very slim (if any) chance it will work Sad

There are a couple of workarounds:

- either open the corpse in maya, unbind and delete the skeleton, then import the grunt skeleton and smooth bind skin. Then you should be able to use the grunts animation files, however I think it's more likely that you will have to individually import and bind each of the animations using the anim import/export plugin for maya.

- You make the animations yourself, It's a very tedious job, and is even harder to get it looking good.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2011, 01:46 AM by DRedshot.)
12-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Sunufabiatch. I don't know how to make an animation. What program would I have to use, and how long in reality would it take to make one animation, and what program would I use? Maya?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
12-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Check out my guide on the forum :>

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Find