Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animations :P
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Animations :P

Hey guys.

I am using the naked male corpse for this, if you wanted to know.

I am wondering how I add animations to the monsters...

I went into the Animations things, and found a bunch of stuff. I clicked add, and I could chose a file. I found the animations, but I dont know how to make them go at a certain time, or what the events are...

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
09-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Animations :P

The game decides what animation to use and when automatically, depending upon the name of the animation given in Model Editor.

For example, "Run" will play if the monster is moving faster than a certain value, or "BreakDoor" will play as the monster is breaking a door. Open the servant_grunt.ent for the full list of allowed names.

The events are used to make stuff happen at certain parts through the animation such as footstep sounds or the sound of a door breaking... Also, they are used to specify each time the monster takes a step.

09-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(09-08-2011, 11:52 PM)DRedshot Wrote: The game decides what animation to use and when automatically, depending upon the name of the animation given in Model Editor.

For example, "Run" will play if the monster is moving faster than a certain value, or "BreakDoor" will play as the monster is breaking a door. Open the servant_grunt.ent for the full list of allowed names.

The events are used to make stuff happen at certain parts through the animation such as footstep sounds or the sound of a door breaking... Also, they are used to specify each time the monster takes a step.
Aha... So I need to name each animation the same as what the Grunts would be if I checked it in Model Editor??

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
09-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Yep! But make sure your copying the actual animation names, not the file names! So you should put "Notice1" not "notice_1.dae_anim" as the title... Also, by looking at the Grunt's animations, you should start to learn how the events work! Smile

09-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(09-09-2011, 12:03 AM)DRedshot Wrote: Yep! But make sure your copying the actual animation names, not the file names! So you should put "Notice1" not "notice_1.dae_anim" as the title... Also, by looking at the Grunt's animations, you should start to learn how the events work! Smile
Well I did all that, but I go to press OK, and it says "Animations were not saved due to errors (blank fields)"

I checked all of them, and they should be working!

09-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

I had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago... The problem lies in the Events you have made. If there are any blank text boxes whatsoever, make sure they have a value. If you have used the "Step" event, set the value as "1". Then apply the changes, save the entity, restart model editor, and hopefully you can set the fields as blank Smile

09-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(09-09-2011, 12:23 AM)DRedshot Wrote: I had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago... The problem lies in the Events you have made. If there are any blank text boxes whatsoever, make sure they have a value. If you have used the "Step" event, set the value as "1". Then apply the changes, save the entity, restart model editor, and hopefully you can set the fields as blank Smile
It was the Step thing.

But I restarted it, went back into my entity, removed the 1's, and it gave me the same error Sad

Can I just leave it as 1????

09-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

I left it as 1, and it gave me a monster model, running backwards, no animations, but sounds are okay, and it is attacking me...

09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Welp ;_;

12-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

I'll try and help you, but I should warn you that I haven't got managed to get my monster working in-game either. Also, I did this three or so months ago, so some of this could be wrong.

1. So the most obvious question would be did you make your monster facing the right way in Maya / Model Editor? That could explain the whole running backwards scenario.

2. If you look in your monsters anim folder, you should have 10-13 anim files, along with 10-13 coresponding dae_anm files. Do you have these? If not you have to add them by running each animation in model viewer (I think). Then you have to link each animation with different behaviors in Model editor. I cant remember where this is, it's either in User Defined Variables, or it's in the toolbar menu at the top. These steps should give you your animations Smile

Good luck!

12-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Find