Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterlurker with bloodlust then random fatigue
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
Waterlurker with bloodlust then random fatigue

The way a waterlurker works is, when you're on the same altitude as him in the level, he starts chasing you and the music plays, right? Well the beginning of this particular map that I have is on the same y axis position, but nowhere near my waterlurker. Regardless, you start hearing the music and he starts trying to chase you through a wall. Within a few seconds, though, the music that's supposed to be playing plays. Did I mention that I have the waterlurker set to inactive at first and set to activate upon entering a script area later and he does this anyway?

Not to mention, when I finally get to the part where he's supposed to come after me, I can wade out into the water, take a leisurely stroll, try to find him, smack him across the face a few times (not that I could find his face Tongue) and he WILL NOT chase me! What the heck is going on?? Can somebody help me?

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011, 02:51 PM by Bennick.)
09-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Find
Dobbydoo Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Waterlurker with bloodlust then random fatigue

Are you sure you haven't just reversed the script, so that he is active until you enter the area?
09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Find
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27

(09-16-2011, 03:32 PM)Dobbydoo Wrote: Are you sure you haven't just reversed the script, so that he is active until you enter the area?
No sir, he's all perforated in the level editor, denoting his inactivity. And my activating script says

SetEntityActive("waterlurker_1", true);

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011, 04:31 PM by Bennick.)
09-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Find
Dobbydoo Offline

Threads: 6

I'm pretty new to scripting, so I don't know if I can help you, but if you showed me the script, it might be easier to help you.
09-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Hm. Well, all I can think of is the name of your lurker is incorrect in your level editor. Otherwise, he should be inactive. Feel free to PM me your script if you want me to take a look at it.
09-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I would check that you have named the function + scriptarea correctly. Perhaps he is being activated too early (by another area) and then disappears while you take the time to get to him.

If case that doesn't solve it he's clearly breaking the code of the matrix.
SendAgentSmith("Waterlurker_1", true);

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

09-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Find