Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
Unsterblich
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Unsterblich

(11-04-2011, 02:14 PM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote: Alright, I really loved the story. It was pretty well-made, and kept me on my toes the entire time. Usually I breeze through stories and find things to be really obvious. I'm glad that you didn't include any unecessary notes that the player wouldn't really care about. I got the bad ending, then I got the neutral one, although,

Spoiler below!
I found it to be kind of silly with the chests near the end. Luckily I saved right before I opened any of them. Then I got the shining key and got the normal ending. Although, how do I get the best one? I saw a wall I thought was a secret room because it looked different right before the study, but I couldn't find any way to unlock it. Also, in the place with the nyancat music, I tried loading a save I did there and go back to look for clues for the best ending, but the game crashed because the door wasn't set to go anywhere.

Also, writing this, I think I remember some parts I overlooked.
Well I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Spoiler below!
I threw in the chest thing to make a luck scenario. Evidently, I forgot to lock that door in the Church. Anyways, in order to get the differing endings, you'll need to find an object in Ryland's house. I intended to reward the player for searching a room thoroughly, and finding said item in the house will also make those angel statues...not so mean.

11-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Threads: 2

(11-04-2011, 03:43 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(11-04-2011, 02:14 PM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote: Alright, I really loved the story. It was pretty well-made, and kept me on my toes the entire time. Usually I breeze through stories and find things to be really obvious. I'm glad that you didn't include any unecessary notes that the player wouldn't really care about. I got the bad ending, then I got the neutral one, although,

Spoiler below!
I found it to be kind of silly with the chests near the end. Luckily I saved right before I opened any of them. Then I got the shining key and got the normal ending. Although, how do I get the best one? I saw a wall I thought was a secret room because it looked different right before the study, but I couldn't find any way to unlock it. Also, in the place with the nyancat music, I tried loading a save I did there and go back to look for clues for the best ending, but the game crashed because the door wasn't set to go anywhere.

Also, writing this, I think I remember some parts I overlooked.
Well I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Spoiler below!
I threw in the chest thing to make a luck scenario. Evidently, I forgot to lock that door in the Church. Anyways, in order to get the differing endings, you'll need to find an object in Ryland's house. I intended to reward the player for searching a room thoroughly, and finding said item in the house will also make those angel statues...not so mean.

Ah, nice one. I usually search everywhere really closely, but I guess I'll just play your story again :3
EDIT: Oh I found it, can't believe I missed it

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM by KenOfAllTrades.)
11-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

So I beat the story WITH the item now, and I STILL only got the neutral ending :/

EDIT:
Spoiler below!
So I tried doing a run where I didn't talk to any of the angels, but when I got out of the mine I accidently used my hammer twice on the door before using the key. Then I used the oil, the door wouldn't opened, tried both options a few times and suddenly they wouldn't work. Now I'm stuck outside the door

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 11:18 AM by KenOfAllTrades.)
11-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(11-04-2011, 06:22 PM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote: So I beat the story WITH the item now, and I STILL only got the neutral ending :/

EDIT: So I tried doing a run where I didn't talk to any of the angels, but when I got out of the mine I accidently used my hammer twice on the door before using the key. Then I used the oil, the door wouldn't opened, tried both options a few times and suddenly they wouldn't work. Now I'm stuck outside the door
How to achieve the endings:
Spoiler below!

Bad: Go through the game without the item from Father Ryland's house.
Neutral: Go through the game with the item, and use it to deliver judgement (interact with the angel statue needed) OR find a particular key right before the end in the chest room
Good: Go through the game with the item, but don't use it to deliver judgement(interact with angel statue needed)

As far as that bug goes...looking back at my code I realize that I didn't do it right. Unfortunately, if you use either the hammer or the oil on the door more than once, it won't open. Sad

11-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Spoiler below!
I've played the story a couple of times. I got the neutral ending only when I didn't kill the guy in the room. If I killed him, I got the bad ending. Am I supposed to spare him and then pick up a dull key?

EDIT: Oh yeah I beat it now, not killing the guy and picking up a dull key. I lol'd when I heard what music you picked for the credits.

Anyways, now that I've played your story a bajillion times, I'll give a more precise review.

Spoiler below!
It was really well-done. The outside area in the beginning was really nice. I loved everything about it. The four paths you could choose was also a very good idea, but the forge path was a bit difficult. I would never have thought to check out the cloth if nobody had pointed it out, because clothes are too common. When I had the copper tube, I also didn't know that I had to use the hammer first on the table, so I was stuck running around in that area for ages. I also didn't expect that I needed two keys.

I also liked the way you could summon the demon, but what I did on my first playthrough was to use all my tinderboxes strategically to light up what I needed of the main hallway in case a monster would appear, so I didn't get to see that scene until I tried to save my tinderboxes on purpose.

The mine was a really nice touch. I kept on my toes through it the entire time. It had a very omnious feel to it. Though when I touched the angel statue and it offered me a lot of things to jump on, I think the water was a little too high up, so staying on the boxes and barrels was just too hard for me to bother with doing it.

The different ending thing was great! I encourage developers to make different endings, because it makes things interesting and adds replayability to the story. Though the chest thing was maybe a bit too random. Maybe. I don't know if you put shining keys in more than one chest. If you put more than one, then it's alright.

Overall, I would give your story a 8 out of 10. One point for the glitches I encountered, and the other one for the story being pretty short. Otherwise, I really recommend people to play your story.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 11:45 AM by KenOfAllTrades.)
11-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Shameless bump because I honestly feel it's criminal this custom story hasn't received as much attention as it deserves.

Obliviator is a very talented individual and more people need to know that it's not some weird German custom story people might think it is since its title is a bit different.

12-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-17-2011, 10:23 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Shameless bump because I honestly feel it's criminal this custom story hasn't received as much attention as it deserves.

Obliviator is a very talented individual and more people need to know that it's not some weird German custom story people might think it is since its title is a bit different.
I have to second this, not only is this a great custom story but obliviator is just an awesome guy, seriously he's one of the nicest guys i've ever met! Go play this custom story guys!

Posting Freak
12-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Website Find
SierenH Offline

can someone send me the Justine file for this game please

and

Spoiler below!
I am stuck at a door that wont unlock. I have TWO keys and neither of them will unlock the door. I have looked everywhere for another key,but none is there
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2011, 01:23 AM by SierenH.)
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Find
greenskullgaming Offline

Hey, from what I got to play. I thoroughly enjoyed this map! It was really scary. Until my friend ended a skype call and my amnesia closed...I was too scared to do it all again lol. I did a let's play. http://boingboing.net/2012/01/16/sopa-is...enate.html part 1 Tongue
01-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Find
TheUnbeholden Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

The mod says "FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file
'custom_stories/Unsterblich/maps/.map'" after I go out from the
Chapel.....
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2012, 08:58 AM by TheUnbeholden.)
04-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Find