Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[solved]Installer doesn't accept Serial Number
aniruddha
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [solved]Installer doesn't accept Serial Number
It seems that there is a bug in which the installer won't accept the Serial Number. Currently support is looking into this matter. Please post all your problems related to entering the cd-key in this thread.

Gentoo Linux users are lucky, they can use this ebuild and enter the key without problems: http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=179733
05-25-2007, 12:55 PM
micks Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Installer doesn't accept Serial Number
I bought the game yesterday and had no problems with the installer. I did have to insert the hyphens (that is, fill in the serial number as XXXX-XXXX-XXXX rather than the XXXXXXXXXXX supplied) -- I don't expect that would be the reason of the problems?
05-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
For some users the serial does not work, we think we have narrowed down the problem and a fix and solution should be available as soon as it is done.
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Website Find
PRAEst76 Offline

Threads: 1
micks Wrote:I bought the game yesterday and had no problems with the installer. I did have to insert the hyphens (that is, fill in the serial number as XXXX-XXXX-XXXX rather than the XXXXXXXXXXX supplied) -- I don't expect that would be the reason of the problems?

No. Adding the hyphens to the mix was the first thing i tried after cutting and pasting the serial direct from the receipt. Adjusting the case didn't help either.

PRAEst76
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Website Find
aniruddha
Unregistered

jens Wrote:For some users the serial does not work, we think we have narrowed down the problem and a fix and solution should be available as soon as it is done.

That good news! I suspect it's some kind of permission problem.
05-25-2007, 01:47 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Those users that have the serial issues have been notified by mail of a solution. The Linux version will be back up for sale again as soon as we have corrected the original build.
05-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Website Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.