Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level physics going CRAZY!
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Level physics going CRAZY!

So I've been working oh a level for my custom story for a few days now and I decided to try it out in game, and well let's just say something's gone VERY wrong... Half the doors don't open, and when they do sometimes you have to throw objects at them first or move the cursor around the door until you find the exact right spot (which changes almost every time), with the doors that don't open, if you throw an object at them the object becomes ungrab able once it touches the door. You can't pick up note's or items, and about half of the objects that you have to push or pull now don't move unless you throw another object at it. And also when ever you grab the hay mats they kind of explode and the game starts running at like .25 fps, then once it comes back almost all the objects on the map are gone, and with the ones that are left, if you try to pick them up the grab symbol starts flashing like crazy and it becomes very hard to pick them up. Also in the actual level editor itself the place on surface feature doesn't work anymore. Believe me, I am NOT making up any of this! And oddly enough, this is the only level i've made so far that has done this. If no ones knows how to fix this I might just have to scrap the map Sad

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2011, 12:13 AM by Kman.)
09-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Website Find
Angerpull Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Level physics going CRAZY!

(09-26-2011, 12:06 AM)kman Wrote: So I've been working oh a level for my custom story for a few days now and I decided to try it out in game, and well let's just say something's gone VERY wrong... Half the doors don't open, and when they do sometimes you have to throw objects at them first or move the cursor around the door until you find the exact right spot (which changes almost every time), with the doors that don't open, if you throw an object at them the object becomes ungrab able once it touches the door. You can't pick up note's or items, and about half of the objects that you have to push or pull now don't move unless you throw another object at it. And also when ever you grab the hay mats they kind of explode and the game starts running at like .25 fps, then once it comes back almost all the objects on the map are gone, and with the ones that are left, if you try to pick them up the grab symbol starts flashing like crazy and it becomes very hard to pick them up. Also in the actual level editor itself the place on surface feature doesn't work anymore. Believe me, I am NOT making up any of this! And oddly enough, this is the only level i've made so far that has done this. If no ones knows how to fix this I might just have to scrap the map Sad
Go into your custom story and delete the cache, then run it up again. Should fix any errors.
09-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

You don't have "fast physics load" on do you? Just a stab in the dark.
09-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-26-2011, 12:25 AM)Angerpull Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 12:06 AM)kman Wrote: So I've been working oh a level for my custom story for a few days now and I decided to try it out in game, and well let's just say something's gone VERY wrong... Half the doors don't open, and when they do sometimes you have to throw objects at them first or move the cursor around the door until you find the exact right spot (which changes almost every time), with the doors that don't open, if you throw an object at them the object becomes ungrab able once it touches the door. You can't pick up note's or items, and about half of the objects that you have to push or pull now don't move unless you throw another object at it. And also when ever you grab the hay mats they kind of explode and the game starts running at like .25 fps, then once it comes back almost all the objects on the map are gone, and with the ones that are left, if you try to pick them up the grab symbol starts flashing like crazy and it becomes very hard to pick them up. Also in the actual level editor itself the place on surface feature doesn't work anymore. Believe me, I am NOT making up any of this! And oddly enough, this is the only level i've made so far that has done this. If no ones knows how to fix this I might just have to scrap the map Sad
Go into your custom story and delete the cache, then run it up again. Should fix any errors.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by that?

Posting Freak
09-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(09-28-2011, 02:46 AM)kman Wrote: Can you explain exactly what you mean by that?

In other words, go into your maps directory and delete any files that end with .map_cache. (I, however, have no idea what is wrong with your map.)

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Website Find