Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level editor dosen't appears ( Mac)
zecuro Offline

Threads: 33
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Level editor dosen't appears ( Mac)

the title say it all when i open amnesia the level editor dose't appears and i did updated to the 1.2
sorry for my bad english

and oh i'm on mac so....
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Level editor dosen't appears ( Mac)

Moved to Mac TS
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Find
zecuro Offline

(10-23-2011, 04:35 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Moved to Mac TS
what thats?
10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10

(10-23-2011, 04:35 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Moved to Mac TS

Yes plutomaniac!
You throw some words in the forum and don't explain anything. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2011, 06:01 PM by Brute.)
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

"Mac TS" was meaning "mac tech support forums".

Anyways,
There is a possibility you have more than one install of Amnesia on your system and the editor got installed into an older one that you didn't realize was installed.

The Current Level editor suite for Mac installs itself INSIDE of the Amnesia application bundle (right click or control click on Amnesia and choose show package contents). It will install some data files, editor programs, and a file named "EditorSuite.plist" in the Contents/Resources/ folder.

If those file are NOT in there, then the editor will not show up in the launcher.

Now, I am actually reworking the way the editor suite installs for Mac OS X (and how Amnesia finds custom stories a little) to be more Mac friendly this week. (actually working on it right now). And that will resolve all of these "odd issues" of the editor not installing correctly sometimes.

You can also download the manual install DMG instead of the installer and see if that works for you,

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Website Find
zecuro Offline

(10-23-2011, 07:55 PM)Urkle Wrote: "Mac TS" was meaning "mac tech support forums".

Anyways,
There is a possibility you have more than one install of Amnesia on your system and the editor got installed into an older one that you didn't realize was installed.

The Current Level editor suite for Mac installs itself INSIDE of the Amnesia application bundle (right click or control click on Amnesia and choose show package contents). It will install some data files, editor programs, and a file named "EditorSuite.plist" in the Contents/Resources/ folder.

If those file are NOT in there, then the editor will not show up in the launcher.

Now, I am actually reworking the way the editor suite installs for Mac OS X (and how Amnesia finds custom stories a little) to be more Mac friendly this week. (actually working on it right now). And that will resolve all of these "odd issues" of the editor not installing correctly sometimes.

You can also download the manual install DMG instead of the installer and see if that works for you,
my god thanks your awesome man!!!!
10-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Find
zecuro Offline

(10-23-2011, 08:21 PM)zecuro Wrote: ii've cheked around my mac deleted all amensia folder and reinstall it and it does the same thing it dose'nt appears PLZ HELP!!!!!!
(10-23-2011, 08:21 PM)zecuro Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 07:55 PM)Urkle Wrote: "Mac TS" was meaning "mac tech support forums".

Anyways,

my god thanks your awesome man!!!!

10-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Can you control-click on your amnesia game and choose "Show contents"
Then navigate to the Contents/Resources folder. There should be an "EditorSuite.plist" file there.

Also, When you reran the installer, where did it say it was going to install the tools? Is that where your game is installed?

10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Website Find
zecuro Offline

no i search trough my mac but i don't see this file???
(10-25-2011, 11:52 AM)Urkle Wrote: Can you control-click on your amnesia game and choose "Show contents"
Then navigate to the Contents/Resources folder. There should be an "EditorSuite.plist" file there.

Also, When you reran the installer, where did it say it was going to install the tools? Is that where your game is installed?

10-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Can you use something like jing and take a video of the tools installer running through the install process?

Have you tried the "manual DMG" installer for the tools?

10-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Website Find